Friday, November 25, 2011

How do you think pregnancy and parenting changed over the past years?

like comparing from 50 years ago to nowHow do you think pregnancy and parenting changed over the past years?
many undisciplined rebellious children having children. THe child parents have no self discipline and are still very self serving so are unable to discipline their children properly or spend time with their children. I see more and more , (especially working in a retail store) rather than the parents having control over the children, the children are demanding, bratty, undisciplined and the parents are not confident, do not hold their ground and scramble and struggle to appease and entertain their children while getting frustrated and showing no authority. I am afraid of the coming generation. I don't expect any parents to be perfect but I do expect the parents to be parents- authoritative and in control and the children to be children- submissive and obedient.


Parents should be training their children but these days it is the other way around!


Unfortunately, we have brilliant leaders, teachers and adults telling htese kids it is okay for them to have sex and do what they please and now we have hundreds, DAILY on YA! freaking out because they can't handle the physical and emotional consequences of the act they want to have the right to.How do you think pregnancy and parenting changed over the past years?
Technology has help ease and sooth pregnancy while with raising kids how many of have said '; I will never be like my parents!'; I know that I was raised calling my parents friends Mr. %26amp; Mrs. but my kids call my freinds by thier first names. Yet they still know when to address someone with respect and use the proper aknowledgement.
I think people view differently whats important in a baby's life. 50 years ago, the woman waited till she found a good man, got married, settled down, bought a house and had kids.





In 2006, more women are skipping those steps and just having kids first. Maybe some feel that being in a good long term relationship doesn't matter, but for the baby I think having a good father always matters.





ps. great question
Pregnancy used to be considered something like a disease. Now it is easier.





Parents could punish their kids (I did not say beating!!) without fearing jail - or threats of. Kids had respect 50 yrs ago, no longer.
parents let thier kids get away with anything these days, kids are having kids.
The technology has improved so much over the past years. My baby was premature by 3 months, thanks to the up to date technology he has been able to survive, 50 years ago he wouldn't have had a chance. Also scans of your baby are available now, this wasn't the case 10-15 years ago. Parenting seems a lot more laid back now. Also cesareans are now available but I don't understand why some people opt for these as they hurt more----however my labour time was only 25 minutes so I can't really comment on labour pain.
I have read some of the opinions here and let me say that women from the beginning of time have been known to ';loose it'; with their children. There has always been some type of abuse. Maybe more so back then. Not as much resources as there is now. U couldnt just dump your kid in the trash can like u can now. We as a society have become somewhat lazy. Not saying everyone is but lets face it........we have our moments to put our hand in the cookiejar and take the ';cookie'; ie......take advantage.
people like parents are abusing their children? and just so much terrible mess.
we have more support now I think then what they use to and different technology so our pregnancies will go smoother!
there is more technology now compared to 50 years ago but there is also more diseases now. Parenting had to be easier then because most women didn't work so there was more time for parenting. Take yourself for example, how were you raised and how much trouble was there for you to get into. now we deal with the worry of our kids getting shot at school. Everything is so fast pace now that parents don't connect with thier child as good as they should. how many parents actually know thier kid like what thier favorite food is or color? for example, i have a friend that has a 3 year old daughter and relys so much on daycare that she can't tell you anything about her child like her favorite program or movie,etc. And discipline, everyone is so worried about thier neighbor calling CPS, thier is no discipline. kids these days do what ever they want. I watch these middle school students walk past my house everyday around the same time, they threaten eachother with weapons. And not to mention they have absolutely no respect for adults or authority. When I was a child and attempted to talk back or disrespect someone, my mom would smack me. She didn't care who was watching. So 50 years ago atleast kids were raised right.

No comments:

Post a Comment