Friday, November 25, 2011

Need to find something on parenting to enable me to discipline my four year old son

my 4 year old son is getting really out of hand and not focused on one thing...dont know how to channelise his energy in one direction......pls helpNeed to find something on parenting to enable me to discipline my four year old son
Find something that he likes to do and build on that, and if he misbehaves then you remove him from his favorite thing and sometimes a good time out area is his room with no toys or anything else to do and he needs to stay in his room say for the first time 15 minutes then keep extending the time longer and longer. With my grandson I found that playing with Thomas the tank engine and with everything that goes with it he would stay busy for hours. good luckNeed to find something on parenting to enable me to discipline my four year old son
What have you tried with respect to disciplining him? With my son I tried time outs, redirection, talking out, and even spanking (which was a bad idea to begin with) to no avail. I finally learned that the best method for him was to remove a privilege or toy until he could tell me what he did wrong, why he did it and what he could do differently. My daughter on the other hand doesn't care about things but is affected by words, telling her that she ';hurt my feelings';, causes her to rethink her actions and usually apologize. Unfortunately parenting is not an exact science and every child is different, just remember to be patient and trust your instincts. Best of luck to you.
whatever you do don't take him to a doctor. chances will be they say he has ADD or autsim and will stuff him full of pills. He's 4, he's supposed to be crazy. Give him a lil' ni-quil before bed and he'll calm right on down.
My dad's belt worked wonders in disciplining me.
there is this book ON BECOMING CHILDWISE. I believe it will help a lot if you try to read it.
You need a time out area
  • dermatologist
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment