Friday, November 25, 2011

What is your philosophy of parenting?

What are do you believe are the rights and responsibilities of parents and children?





I would love your input. thanks What is your philosophy of parenting?
I believe that respect is a two way street. If I want my child to respect me, I have to respect them.





I believe in tough love. I hated it growing up, but I think constantly codling our children and bailing them out every time they are in trouble only shows them that the rules dont apply to them. That it doesnt matter what they do, someone else will fix it. Sooner or later they have to learn how to deal with their own problems themselves.





I like the montessori approach to learning.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montessori








What is your philosophy of parenting?
I had a strict scillian father, a 4 part plan, the explanation, the look, the





the voice, and if all else failed, the spanking, not a beaten, but trust me





he got his point across . . .





Only once it got to the spanking, and i must admit, i realy deserved it





and i'm thankful for it to this day . . .








1. the explaintion = son, let me telll you why it wouldn't be a good





idea to do what your thinking of doing, and then he'd ask in a calm and





inquisitive manner, can you tell me why you want to do these things,





go ahead, i'm listening and i won't get mad, and don't leave nothing





out, and when i did, then he'd ask and how does that make you feel?





and what will you realy accomplish by such waistfull hurtful deeds?.











2. The look, i'm sure you all heard the saying, if looks could kill, guess





who they coined it for?








3. The voice, a capice? or if you used street italian, a ga,bi,ed?





tranlated, ';YOU UNDERSTAND ';? and some time he'd throw in #2





as a bonus, believe me, you understood . . .








Ah! and of course #4, for the time's i was a wiseguy and pretended not





to understand . . .











as for my own kids? , just repeat the process, someone once told me,





i was to over protective of my kids, i simply a got milk carton from the





fridge,and ask'ed what was missing from the milk carton, after a min or





two and a blank stair, i simply told them, my kids picture on it, that





usualy shut them up . . .
I belive my responsibility as a parent is to love them, and take care of them their ENTIRE life and to provide for them until on there own and then still may have to help provide a little....
Biblical training and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment