Friday, November 25, 2011

Where can i take a parenting class?

lol this is my second pregnancy and i dont really need this class ...but i think they are fun and something that me and my hubby could do together. any ideas about how to get into one? how much they cost? when should i start going (at how many weeks)?? thanks so muchWhere can i take a parenting class?
It depends a lot on what kind of birth experience you want to have. If you plan on doing things more medically, then a class at the hospital would be fine. There is also, Lamaze, Bradley, and Hypnobirthing classes. The latter of the three most emphasizes a natural and almost pain free birth. If you are interested in that, I would do some research into it. It's a way to have your baby will little or no discomfort at all, and while completely relaxed. It's also really good for bonding with your husband.





It seems like classes in general run from $50-250. You can take it as early in the pregnancy as you want. So I would pick the child birth method you want, then do a google search for your area and that method to find a local teacher/practitioner. Also check with the hospital and/or the city parks and rec.Where can i take a parenting class?
the hospital that you plan on delivering in will most likely have a parenting class. I went to my hospital and took a Lamaze class and noticed they had a whole list of different classes that you can take. Most of the classes run between $50-150, depending on the length of the class.





I am not sure when you should begin a parenting class but I know for the Lamaze the recommended before you hit 32 weeks to start the class.
I took them at the hospital I had my son at.They offered them to every pregnant woman there. You could check at your local hospital. They also do them at high schools for soon to be parents or already parents %26amp; students at the school.
Ask the hospital where your giving birth or your obgyn, They can give you a referral. My hospital Im going to give birth offers programs there and usually cost around 100$ per pair.
You normally sign up for them through the hospital that you're going to. Typically insurance covers them. If not they aren't very expensive at all. $20.00-$60.00. Sign up at any time during your pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment