Friday, July 30, 2010

Can anyone tell me what the single parenting income is like in australia?

i have a 7 month old girl and a baby on the way...Can anyone tell me what the single parenting income is like in australia?
I will look it up now and update in a minute.





Ok - for 2 children, single, no income at all and paying rent of $200 per week (I just did it for this amount as my friend pays this).... it would be:





$539.70 Family Assistance (this includes $127 rent)


$537.70 Income Support Payment





You get one payment one week and then the other the following week and so on and so on.





You would also be entitled to a Concession Card which gives you discounts on utilities, car registration, public transport, and gives you access to free bulk billed medical care and $5.00 prescriptions from the chemist.Can anyone tell me what the single parenting income is like in australia?
Are you asking what Centrelinks Single Parent Pension is like? This is hard to say as it depends on the childrens father and how much maintenance you get and do you have a job? I have 1 child and my ex pays minimum maintenance (at least he is supposed to) which is a pittyful $27.50 per month and I get the pension which is about $400 or something like that and then I get tax A and tax B so I have around $670 a fortnight but Centrelink will means test you to work out how much you get.
it depends
it is around $550 a fortnight and family assistance is about $400pf. That is before rent assistance. As your kids are under 5 it is actually more as the amount drops when they turn 5. Go to Centrelink and have a chat to them


I am going on what I get but I am on disability (you get a little less) and get part A and B and I get no money from any father
Roughly $145.00 per child + rent assistance for example if you pay $200.00 per week it is around $80-$120 a fortnight.It really does depend on how many children what rent you pay and if you are working or not then they work out a family allowance.This is just an estimation it is a very low income
uh it depends on the job
Same as in Japan
idk im real sorry i hope you forgive me for not knowing :(
what like the nations average income, or the welfare office payouts?
  • lipcolor
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment