Friday, July 30, 2010

Shouldn't it be a requirement to take parenting classes before having children?

Nope, the government should not interfere with those things.Shouldn't it be a requirement to take parenting classes before having children?
YES! It should!!!Shouldn't it be a requirement to take parenting classes before having children?
yes for some people
No
yes
I so agree with you. Alot of kids pay the price for horrible parenting styles like spanking, screaming, overindulging, failing to give them structure and babying them. This is partly why there is so much violence today. We definitely educated ourselves before we had kids. I bought the Parents magazine for years to prepare and studied early childhood development. It has payed off and my children are happy, fun, confident and loved. Good question.
absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It normally is, but when I got pregnant with my first I never went... I grew up around babies... I have 3 sisters and the second to the oldest had her first baby when I was 11 or 12... After that babies was being born one after another from all 3 sisters...I helped take care of all of them... When you count all of them together there was 7 babies all around me that I had to take care of... So I already knew what I was getting myself into... If your new with babies you should really check in on taking classes... Now you count all the grand babies my mother and father has you will get a total of 12... Yeah, we have a big family... I have 2 brothers that haven't even had kids yet... If you feel more comfortable with taking classes then you should.... Where I'm from they suggest that you should take them....
It would be nice but who would pay for it? Not everyone has extra cash to pay for a parenting class. Also no one wants to pay MORE taxes for a community funded class.
we don't get an instruction manual from the hospital do we ... and most classes can't and don't teach you basic instinct...your learning daily along with your child what is a perfect class method may not work for your child.
I think so, with some people. I took two years of child care. I wasn't PREFECTLY prepaired but I was close. I asked my fiance most of the questions who has two boys with a previous marrage and my friends answered a lot of questions too. I didn't turn to my mom, I didn't like how she raise me so I at least know what NOT to do!
Yes because kids are having kids so early and dont even know how to take care of a child
Yes i think it would be a good idea as it may reduce the numbers of child abuse and such things because then young people won't just been thrown in the deep end like they are now!
It really should because some people raise their kids/kid the wrong way and I think that it would be a good essential for parents too.
I feel that we should have never been given the free will to procreate. To me it is a privilege that not all people deserve. Just watch the local news...you'll see why I feel this way.
Many schools are now requiring students to take a look a parenthood before (hopefully) it happens to them. The students are given a doll that has be pre-programmed with typical baby behaviors and as a couple the students deal with day to day life with a ';baby';. So far most of the classes are eye-openers for the kids.





Parents need to become more involved, churches and other family members, too. American families have become smaller, and the chance to take care of a younger sibling are becoming fewer. Families move more often, so the community in which they are raised is lost.





We have all grown further apart. I don't think the government should become involved in raising our children. We all need to become more involved with our own children. Used to be grandparents could step in with child care to help young couples take a breather in child rearing. It takes two to earn a living now a days. But the extended family is disappearing.





I do believe life classes in high school are very beneficial for young people.
I do not think it should be a mandatory thing, but it is not a bad idea. Especially for those who have never spent time with children. I myself took several babysitting classes as a teen and watched kids in the summer and on weekends all the time. My mother also ran a daycare so I had lots of experience with children.
Absolutely, but boy would that be difficult to enforce.
Yes it should expecially for guys because it is hard for them to adjust to a baby and girls have been carrying them for 9 months.
Sounds like a great idea. But what if the classes forced someone else's values on you as a parent?
Yes it should. Parenting is a tough, tough job with NO PAY!! You do get rewards in your children's faces though.
yup. Cuz then maybe teenagers will stop throwing their kids in trashcans or tying them to radiators or leaving them for dead cuz they are starving while they out having sex or going to clubs. At the same token, the classes help anybody to maintain a healthy relationship between parent and child. Im grown and i had 3 kids before i took a parenting class and it helped me. They teach you how to deal with everything, including your own anger management and situations that arise with every child. They are very helpful. I had no patience with my kids, thats why i took one. It was best for me and ended up being best for them.
Yes!!! it might reduce the number of stupid parents that are out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment