Friday, July 30, 2010

I asked this last night in the parenting section but had no answers. are there any good books that are?

pretty much available at any library for first time moms? that are about what to expect in th last trimester, when you bring your child home from the hospital for the first month or so, those types of things. please give me some titles that I call to see if they have. thank you in advanceI asked this last night in the parenting section but had no answers. are there any good books that are?
The ';What to Expect......'; Books are ok, but I didn't really like them all that much. I like Dr. Spock's Baby and Child Care, it's an older one, but it makes sense. It's more of a child rearing book then a pregnancy book, but it's the only book that I actually keep in my living room, I refer to it all the time.


For pregnancy I loved ';Husband-Coached Childbirth'; by Dr. Robert Bradley. I was planning on using the Bradley Method for childbirth.


I also LOVED ';From The Hips'; by Rebecca Odes and Ceridwen Morris. It gave real life advice and stories, uses simple language and things that I could easily envision. For example, I can't visualize that the baby is '; about 30 centimeters'; but I can visualize that the baby is ';about the size of a bottle of shampoo';. It speaks frankly about the birth and pain relief (including c-sections) and gives real life advice for recovery. That was by far my favorite pregnancy book.I asked this last night in the parenting section but had no answers. are there any good books that are?
From Here to Maternity: Confessions of a first time mother by Carol Weston.





I found it at my library and it was very good. It described her experience with pregnancy, birth, and bringing the baby home. I loved it. It made me even more excited to go through this experience. I HIGHLY recommend it.






Not sure if it is available in the library, however I got the ';Pregnancy Bible'; from Barnes and Nobles. If you go on Amazon books you could probably find used for really cheap. I am at work so not sure of author but its a fairly popular one and has the last 5 or so chapters dedicated to 3rd trimester and beyond. Hope this helps!
they have what to expect the first year. its basically from the time you bring your baby home till he/she is about 1 years old. my mother in law has that book and i was reading it and it gives you soooooo much info. i have the what to expect when your expecting and its so in detail... its the best book.
';What to Expect When You're Expecting';


';What to Expect The First Year';


';Your Baby's First Year';





Those were my 3 favorite books while I was pregnant and after I had my son. They had A LOT of useful information and answered a lot of my questions.





Good luck, hope this helps! :)
I had one from my local library that was by far my favorite pregnancy book. I don't remember the authors (two females,) but the title is ';From the Hips.';





Starts pre-pregnancy and goes all the way up to early childhood. Good luck!
what to expect when youre expecting thats a pregnancy bible seriously it has everything as you go month by month and after too i toally recommend that for u
what to expect when you are expecting...goes through everything including after care. They even have what to expect first year, etc.
What to expect the 1st year is good.
I always recommend What to Expect When You Are Expecting. It is an excellent book and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment