Friday, July 30, 2010

Parenting tips for a mother with more than one child.?

I have 2 kids, my daughter who is 3 years old and my son who's 9 months old, I feel like I'm not as good a parent with my son, 2nd born, I'm not able to give him all the attention I did with my 1st born. Any tips? Websites? Books? Anything that can help? I feel like a failure with both of them, although I'm doing my best.Parenting tips for a mother with more than one child.?
RELAX, you simply can't give your second born the same kind of attention that you gave your first, it just isn't possible.





That's okay though, because you are doing your best to give him as much as you can.





For now, all you can do is include them in everything you do with each of them. He can sit on your lap and listen while you read to your three year old, that is just as beneficial as if you were reading just to him. He can be included in all the games that you play with her, just modify them to be suitable for tinies if you have to.





Get her involved in playing with and teaching him.





You don't have to give them Individual attention, or undivided attention, just love and care and time and togetherness...the rest takes care of itself.Parenting tips for a mother with more than one child.?
spend time with them together and have some alone time with each child. take turns going to each child. if you go to the same child all the time they will get jealous of one another. (give hugs,play games with them.) if you tell one of your kids i love you. tell the other one i love you. do the same for everything you do. involve both kids together.
You are not a bad mom. You just sometimes feel overwhelmed. I felt the same when I had my second one. My son had just turned 3yrs old when I had my second son. I felt as if I didn't give either one enough attention. Just be sure to always let the older one know that you love them very much and that you appreciate all the help they give you. It makes them feel loved and happy to be of help. When the baby sleeps take the time to play w/ the 3yr old. Read a book,color, or watch a favorite cartoon. I know that you want to finish that housework but it will get done, just not right away. That's fine b/c you want to bond w/ your children. When the baby is up include both of them in playing together. You can read to both of them, show them the pictures, talk about the colors in the book. Just try something that you can get both of them involved. Dont worry you are doing great and everything will work out.
babycenter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment