Saturday, August 21, 2010

I would like to work in US as a parenting advisor (like Supernanny)?

I have been a Health visitor in the NHS for 20 years and would like to bring my expertise to America to extend my career. Any ideas on how I could get work or set up privately.


Many thanks for any advice. ElspethI would like to work in US as a parenting advisor (like Supernanny)?
I used to do the job Supernanny does, but I was working for a non-profit, United Way agency, getting paid a very low wage because of funding concerns. We were called Parent Educators and we went into the homes of people who were asking for help with their children. It was such a valuable service to people, paid for by county funding, United Way funding and private donations. I don't want to sound discouraging, but in non-TV-land, in mainstream America, there are already social workers employed in the same task as Jo (who I LOVE watching - she is so good). If you contact any county in any state's public welfare department's children and youth division and speak with a supervisor, they will likely be able to tell you the name(s) of the local non-profit agency(ies) that provide that service (parent education) in their local community. To work privately, each State has it's own hoops you must jump through in order to hang your shingle. You would need to look into the specific state regulations on operating that type of service.I would like to work in US as a parenting advisor (like Supernanny)?
SuperNanny, Jo Frost has been taking care of children for most of her life. She started out babysitting as a teen and then took child ';rearing'; courses in college, after earning her degree she became a nanny and has spent the last 15 years in that career field. She caught the eye of the show's producers because she has the knack for doing what she does and making it look easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment