Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Is it normal for me to have parenting urges at this age?

I'm currently 18, almost 19, and graduating here in a couple of days. I've got a great boyfriend that I'm goin' to spend the rest of my life with and everything's set for me, except for my financial situation. I know that I'm not financially off as my boyfriend (I'm in Ohio and he's in New York), but I feel that he shouldn't be the only one who supports children with money. I feel that I have to get a job, with an education aswell. I don't want them to grow up in ignorance or anything of that sort. I've still yet to go to college (my boyfriend is helping me pay for), open up a bank account, get a job, learn to drive, and save back money. We were planning on gettin' married in maybe a year or two and that I'm going to move in with him in a year. I know I'm not ready, but yet I still continue to have these strong urges. I don't know what has triggered them. It's wierd. I've had these urges before, but they weren't as bad. What's causing them? Advice greatly needed. Thanks!Is it normal for me to have parenting urges at this age?
Its hormones and you're lucky you can recognize it as an urge and not a need. The time will eventually be right for now and this is certainly not your time as you have other goals and they are practical and will certainly make life better for you, your mate and your future children. Your hormones are pushing you to act faster let's that instead of letting that throw you off course you continue to make these decisions on an intellectual level.Is it normal for me to have parenting urges at this age?
dont do it just yet you have to learn all those things you mentioned first. Who know when you learn to drive you might want to be a rally driver of something!, regarding your boyfriend nothing is forever so dont place too much of yourself in him, all your eggs in one basket so to speak!
It's perfectly normal. You are most likely having hormonal changes that affect your thoughts and feelings and urges.





This urge may go away for a while, then come back later--hopefully when your education, work, and financial stability are in place enabling you to support a child in all respects.





Acknowledge the urges and appreciate them for what they are. Don't let them spook you, as you can put your brain in over-ride mode to get some real life practical matters out of the way..get a job, open a bank account, save....
Hey well I'm about to turn 18. I also have those type of urges, I guess its because we are about to graduate, and we are really seeing life, and like we have boyfriends, feelings come to us. I also have those feelings but i dont want kids yet, because im so young. Just wait until the time is right, trust you'll be glad you did!! Take Care
Are you saying that your not ready to move in with your boyfriend or have kids with him cause if your having second thoughts about having kids with him at 18 almost 19, then you should wait, but people have kids at all different ages so it's normal to have parenting urges but it's up to you if you want to have kids right now and you should tell your boyfriend how you feel if your having doubts
I think so, I am anyway. I feel tha same way you do. But do what my mom always told me to do. Go to college, get your education, get married, get a job, then have kids!
  • dermatologist
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment