Tuesday, August 24, 2010

When reading some Q&A in the Parenting forum, do you ever think that somehow?

some of the parents on here don't live in the 'real world'? They just live in some sort of pretend fairy tale land where everything is just all peachy keen?





Parenting question: How should I get my son to drink water instead of milk/juice all the time?When reading some Q%26amp;A in the Parenting forum, do you ever think that somehow?
I'm answering this late, because i didn't see your question earlier.





I think a LOT of parents on here are depressed, unhappy, fake, and twisted. I think, in an effort to make themselves feel better, they pretend they are in a fairy tale world and that is the only thing that gets them through life. Sad.





C, let's just be glad we're real. Honestly! Don't let losers get you down. They are complete strangers that are at home crying in their beer right now, wishing they were better parents/lovers/friends!!!!!!!!!





OK, so the water thing. Eli LOVES loves milk, but i think it might all be in the cup. Grandma gave him a REALLY cool spiderman cup that has a straw and has glitter and water and spiderman in the bottom (like a snowglobe).....it doesn't matter WHAT is in this thing, he will drink it and play with it alllllllll night. Maybe see if you can find a really cool cup and start it out with that. If you want, I can find out where she got it. It's all about distraction. It's all about distraction. It's all about distraction..........OH! Was i just talking? Sorry....just dealing with a REALLY hyper kiddo alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll… night!When reading some Q%26amp;A in the Parenting forum, do you ever think that somehow?
My kids like water but seem to want to drink more when I put the Gerber spout on it and let them have the whole bottle. They think they are ';big boys.'; It is sad that the ';La La land mentality'; is so prominent in the parenting section.
Chris.... Lala Fairey Land is so much fun....they don't have to open their eyes and Actually Parent (verb)!





Give him limited amounts of juice and offer him water instead of milk or juice with his meals, when he becomes thirsty he will drink the water if there is no alternative. ;-)
Oh yes. And if you ask a question about the real world, you're sure to get bashed b/c your children and parenting skills aren't perfect.





Tell him over and over it's mama's favorite drink, he will catch on and want to be like mama.
i wish i did live in the fantasy world. my real world sucks








. when i get water, bray brings me his sippy cup cause he thinks i have something good. i just poor some of my water in his cup. and he drinks the water. and i guess water down the juice.
I do think that. Some parents I just think are off their rocker.





As for drinking water, have you tried flavoring water a little? For some reason my daughter loves ice water (yes, ice and water in a sippy cup). She loves really cold drinks.
I think many of us are living in different realities...





Start by watering the juice down, week by week until it's all water. Milk 's good for them to drink all the time....isn't it? Can you OD on milk?
I let my kids watch Family Guy and South Park. I also give my kids soda and energy drinks in their lunch boxes. I'm a great mom. No la la land parenting here!!
yes i think that sometimes but when i started i mixed half and half and keep doing that until eventually its just water it worked for my soon who turnedd 1 on feb. 28
Um can you point me out to this place, Mama. I loves me a good fantasy!





Water the juice down, and or give him no other alternative...
Add alcohol.

No comments:

Post a Comment