Saturday, August 21, 2010

Why do parents always break the rules of parenting teens?

examples:


%26gt;always wanting to have the last word


%26gt;comparing


%26gt;choosing the things opposite to what their daughters or sons want (you can choose an alternative..i' mean come on!)


%26gt;telling them they've gained weight


%26gt;clashing responses/statements


-1st response/statement: i asked you a question, so answer me...or they aks you something


-2nd response/statement: (after you answer their question and they don't really like your answer even if it's how you feel and it's really what you have to say or answer) are you talking back?





WHAT THE HELL?!Why do parents always break the rules of parenting teens?
because at the end of the day they want the best for you and there still your parentsWhy do parents always break the rules of parenting teens?
same reason you can't do everything right either.


we are imperfect, and the best laid intentions or plans sometimes go crazy.





lets say I have two kids,


I have to remember that she hates pizza, but he hates subway.


or any one of a zillion preferences..


in my mind from infancy on, john likes this, sue likes that,


john can't swim, sue doesn't do her homework, so I have to get after her.


Don't let them both play football, cause one isn't as good, and gets frustrated and hurt feelings....


so, no, your not supposed to *say* it, but you been thinking it for years.





last word: maybe frustration, maybe correcting a mistake? maybe expecting respect for giving you %100 if the the things you need for many years?


clashing statements: imperfection, stress, changing situations, correcting a mistake, any number of reasons.


and or the big one about talking back





lets say an officer pulls you over.


sir, do you know how fast you were going?


correct answer: No sir, I must not have been paying good attention


talking back:


not fast enough, you caught me


If you don't know, I ain't telling ya b@#$@%$#$





last words:


Thomas edison said,


when I was 16, my father was a complete idiot, but the older I got, the smarter he got too.
parents help use with things parents be theri for use ok parents love use
SO true!
I take it you're one of those rebellious teens who wants to run the show and have your parents march to the beat of YOUR drum while paying all your expenses and putting up with your back talk!!
i know what u mean. the only way i get the last word is 2 yell at her and then i get punished. im almost never right. if i roll my eyes i get sent to my room, it suxs

No comments:

Post a Comment