Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What is your view on teenage parenting/pregnancy?

Just curious oh yes and can you please say your religion? And no I'm not a teen parent. One of my friends became one and we hardly ever see her now.What is your view on teenage parenting/pregnancy?
Rather depends on the teenager.What is your view on teenage parenting/pregnancy?
I am Atheist I do not have a god/goddess/idol etc.





I was a teenage parent I had my oldest daughter when I was 17 years old.. I didn't get to see my friends a whole lot or go out much after she was born as I was far too busy being her mom and finishing high school then college..





Your friend likely has a lot on her plate right now getting used to the new demands on her time, sanity, energy etc. You will likely not see her much especially if she is stepping up and doing all that she should as a parent.. Cut her some slack.. She is likely feeling overwhelmed and somewhat alienated as she watches others around her who are able to go out and do things she is no longer able to do..





I have 2 friends from my teen years that I still speak to regularly they made an effort to accept me along with the new restrictions on my time they came over every once in a while to talk, watch a movie or do other activities at my home with me so I could remain at home and care for my daughter as I should.. They made an effort to include me in nights out when I was able to go (Once a month my mom took my daughter to give me some me time for an evening so I was able to not miss out entirely on teenage stuff..)...





When you are in need you learn who your real true friends are, surprisingly real true friends are often not the friends you would have suspected of being the real true ones before the need arose..
I think you should avoid becoming a parent until you are mentally and financially able to care for a kid. Most teenagers aren't.





I'm an Agnostic
I was 16 years old when I got pregnant and 17 years old when I had my daughter. It makes me mad that alot of people look down on teenage parents. I don't live off of anyones tax dollars. I am still with my daughters father. We're not married (but that's an entirely different discussion altogether). My daughter is almost 3 years old now. She's very healthy, happy, and polite. There are some teenagers that shouldn't be having children. In the same respect, there are women who are 30 years old who shouldn't be having children either. I think it just depends on the person.
Atheist/ Satanist...non spiritual Satanist that is.





I was a mother at sixteen, and I don't regret that....however....I could have been a much better parent if I had waited longer.
Children raising children is always a bad idea, both suffer in the long run.
Some can be good and some can be not so good.





Same as with adults, I guess.
You mean, kids having kids? More than 99% of them end up living off of my/your tax dollars for years and years. Most never finish highschool. Therefore their children -- NOT all of them, end up living in poverty -- generational poverty which first began as situational poverty.





I am Roman Catholic. Jesus loves all of life....I'm just not sure he would agree with the methodology. He would look on teen parents with compassion -- without condoning it. True, Mary was a young woman when she bore Jesus, but women matured emotionally faster back then -- and the life expectance was not much more than 40.
I am steadfastly opposed to parenting teens,...


...and I KNOW I'm opposed to getting one pregnant...:-))
... first of all, implying that my God and Goddess are ';idols'; wins you no brownie points. Could you try to be a little less offensive next time?





EDITED TO ADD: I think you'll find that if you call anyone's Deity an ';idol';, they'll take it as an insult. ;-) And the way your question was phrased, it strongly implies (at least to me) that anything NOT the Christian God is, by your definition, an idol.





Feh. Whatever.
I am 19, happily married, and a very strong Christian, and I cannot wait to have children. My husband and I are not trying quite yet, as we just bought our home in November of 2006, but we are both very excited and deeply commited to raising a family. I think the answer to this question has more to do with which ';teenager'; you are talking about. I promise you that I have some friends I would slap for considering childbearing at any age.
Then what were you implying by God/Idol? You didn't say Gods or God/dess? You said Idol, as in Idolatry. We don't idol worship! That's more in the Catholic church.


)o( Blessed Be!
1)Christian.


2) Sucks. Ties down many young kids and they are not in a good position to take care of themselves or a kid.


3) What does God think about it??? Well I don't know. I didn't ever see a decree ';thou shall not have sex until you are 28 and graduated from college and have your own house';. It just seems to me that it would be wiser to wait. It really has nothing to do with God.
I think that kids make mistakes. Therefore the parents of those kids should be way more involved in the lives of teenagers. Even more so then when they were toddlers. It's hard enough to be a parent when you are mature/married and financially stable.
Having taught at the alternative school, specifically in the teen parenting program, I've seen my share of pregnant teens. I worry about them, truly, some of them, because they don't seem to even have the maturity to manage their own hygiene - what will happen with that baby?





There were two sisters - not particularly bright, but they were passing school. I knew them from when I'd first started teaching in that district, and by the time I started at the teen parenting program, one was there - a mom at the age of 14. Several months later, her sister was there, prgnant at 13 - on purpose. Her reasoning? her sister's baby was so fun to play with, she wanted one of her own. AND - there's the kicker - their parents were proud of them for getting pregnant and giving them grandbabies.


ACK! These girls were still near babies themselves! They never even made it out of junior high.








I married and became a parent while in college - and that in and of itself was hard enough and I was 23 - an adult for all intensive purposes. It took my 5 year span and made it 10 years before I got a degree. My youngest was 3 weeks old when I started my last semester of college. That was very hard. At least he could go to classes with me (and his father) and it was a small college.





I think you miss out on a great number of things having a child that young. I believe teenagers should have time to explore their oncoming adulthood and still be the children they are without the burden of a child that likely isn't too welcomed by anyone.





I'm not suprised you hardly ever see your friend - she's got a lot to do now with her time.





I'd rather people did their best to not have children until after age nineteen. I'm not going to say be married, but it sure does help to have another person about when the baby's been crying for no reason for hours and you're at your wit's end. And if you're planning to go to college, don't have your babies until after you decide you are done with college.





Don't get me wrong - I love my kids dearly and wouldn't change when I had them or how, but I do recognize my life may well have been easier if I had waited.
I think we as a society have become entirely too accepting of it. Not that I hate or judge people that it happens to, but I think we make it awfully easy. I think we don't educate our kids about sex in a healthy way. My mom always told me ';I can't tell you when to do it or who you do it with. But if I find out you aren't taking care of yourself, I'll kill you. Out of respect for me, don't ever do it under my roof. And never think it won't happen to you.';


It was the best advice I ever got. I was 22 and married when I had my first baby. She was very planned. :)


Pagan


Blessed Be
i think that teenage pregnancy or parenting is wrong. i am a pentecostal and my father is a preacher. i know a lot abut the bible and in a passage of scripture it says, 'Flee Fornication.' in case you dont know, fornication is sex out of marriage. another passage says, ';Flee youthful lusts.'; all of these things are apoken against in the bible. if you want to know more just email me. i am ready to give you answers. By the way i am 15 years old and live in the Bahamas. i serve the one true God which is Jesus Christ in heaven who died on the Cross for our sins

No comments:

Post a Comment