Saturday, August 21, 2010

Who would you ask all your questions of if the ';parenting section'; just disappeared?!?

My contacts (and a few others) are the ONLY people fit to give parenting advice....what woud I do without this forum?Who would you ask all your questions of if the ';parenting section'; just disappeared?!?
I'd have to invite all my college friends over because they're the only people I have debates with. For actual parenting questions (rather than policy questions), which I rarely ask, I'd go to my parents and my kids' friends' parents.





Considering that half of our questions are the questions about the parenting section, however, there would clearly be less need to ask questions in the first place....Who would you ask all your questions of if the ';parenting section'; just disappeared?!?
Well, I guess I'd just have to sit and ask my Tarot cards all day. Then of course the baby would want to play with them and they would get all mixed up. So I'd end up thinking that diaper rash is cured by turning in a circle three times while blindfolded and concentrating on the face of an ugly man. Lol. I'd be lost without this section. Looooonely, I'd be soooo loooooonely, I'd have nobody.... ;)
I would have to ask my inlaws. To best prepare for this inevitable day, I made a giant cut-out of Desmaran's avatar, which I will ask them to hold up in front of their face while the answer me.





Anyway, this plan is secondary to the ideal plan of them texting me answers, to make it feel more Y/A-ish, but as you know I don't know how to use my phone. So I have to go w/ giant faces on sticks. They kinda look like happy face ping-pong paddles.
find them all on facebook! lol....





Edit: OMG Mozz's answer is soooo hysterical. I love the mental picture. The other day I was waiting for my son to get ready for school and found myself thinking ';What would Des do?';.... What tone would he use right now to get him movin on. I wonder what it feels like for someone to want to cut you out and pin you up and pretend you are answering questions? Cool or wierd? lmao.
Well... considering my own mom asks me for parenting advice.. can't ask her..my ';friends'; in real life are half of the time lost for what to do with their kids (yeah, i need some new friends, i don't even hang out anymore with the old ones)... God, i'd honestly be a bit lost!
LMAO.....if you're relying on me to give you good advice, you may be in deep trouble already! LoL





When in doubt, I find that Dear Abby is a good place to go, not only for advice, but for reassurance that my life isn't all that bad!
1. Parents %26amp; Grandparents


2. Friends


3. Some of the people that I work with


4. Physicians (medical)


5. Research


5. Relatives
lol


you'd have to cancel that move to spain and move to md so i can provide my awesome advice and insight in person.


:-)
I would just email my contacts.Or ask it in a different section I suppose.





ETA:I know I am taking this very serous.
i am on facebook now, i kinda like it now that i am used to it. i ask under friends sometimes too. have a great day
Knock on wood!


I would be bugging my mom all the time....


thats it...my mom...





Okay I am going to knock on wood again!
I would go on facebook and bug you guys to death.
I would go to my mom grit my teeth and admit that maybe she did know best and then ask her advice!
i would follow my gut... and probably get more things done in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment