Tuesday, August 24, 2010

If you could only give 1 piece of parenting advice what would it be?

for me it would be to teach small children to catch using a balloon it promotes hand eye coordination and it teaches them to keep their eye on the ';ball';If you could only give 1 piece of parenting advice what would it be?
Cherish every moment with your children..you never know when it will be your last..





(I know everyones giving funny answers but I wanted to be serious) lolIf you could only give 1 piece of parenting advice what would it be?
Let them know that you'll be there for them no matter what situation they are in, and while some things may dissapoint you at times, you'll never ask them to do it [life] on their own.





My mom was always open and honest with my sister and i, and we can tell her anything that happens and know that she will still be our mom at the end of the day, and she'll still be there for us, no matter what mess we get into. My dad's similar, but it's easier to talk to a mom haha.
I would never lie to her/him. I wouldn't give my child false hopes. In reality, no single person can change the world. But the thought they have and the way they voice those ideas would. I would tell them when I'm proud every time I truly am, not just making them feel better. I would tell them that no matter how much you cry, nothing will change and whatever happens to you the world would never stop for them. I would tell him/her that s/he's lucky just to have a family and above all else, I'd tell my child I love him/her every day of my life.
Respect and trust is a mutual thing. You have to give to get, and you have to get to give. It isn't a one way street, and you'll lose any credibility you have with them if you act like it is. You have to earn your child's respect just as much as they have to earn yours. You don't get it just by purely being a parent.
The best advise is...





LET THEM BE LITTLE!!!





They don't need to read before they're 8 months old.


They don't need to start school at 2.


They don't need be college bound at 5.





Let them be little kids. ENJOY EVERY SECOND
Hmm, not to spank their kids. There are other ways to discipline. Hitting is not the answer.





I think she meant Fags as in Cigs. They are called fags in the UK.
Think for yourself. Nothing is more important than your individuality. That doesnt mean that you can't take another person's advice however.
If I could only give 1 piece of parenting advice then I think it would be to (not use modern parenting techniques and to just use common sense)
Balloons, yeah.


Good idea.


Balloons and wrenches.
there is always someone in your life (or out there) that loves you and will be there for you through everything. don't give up
You can do anything.
Be patient and consistent and give praise when it's due and time out when it's needed.
Always ask yourself ';is it worth it?';
You should never teach your children how to talk.
Don't sweat the small stuff.
Go with your gut feeling, cause it's usually right.
Never talk about someone else's kid.
Open your mind
If I could only give 1 (sigh) I'd probably merge it all and tell them to do what's best for THEIR child.
wait to have sex until your with someone you truly are in love with. That you trust with all your heart.
Being patient
teach them to stay away from drugs, fags and booze
RELAX!!!! Being a parent is supposed to be fun!
Try to remember what it's like to be little.
Look after your own.
Cherish every day you have with them...you never know what could happen.
DONT HIT THEM
i sing with my son and i feel like that creates a large bond between us and also it helps his voice:)
Tell your kids that they're actually robots so they learn quicker and their brains are more organized. Then one day when they're like 18 years old they'll just think ';Wait, I'm not a robot,'; and everything will be Ok.
don't be so conservative.
';get an abortion while you still can';

No comments:

Post a Comment