Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Is this reasonable? Good parenting? What do you think?

I have installed a parental controls programe on my 15 year old sons computers.


I have allowed him to use the computer for a maximum of 1 hour a day in TOTAL, inbetween the hours of 10am-9pm. That hour is a TOTAL of one hour over both computers, he cannot use one computer for an hour and then the other for a hour.





Is this reasonable? What is your opinion on this?





ThankyouIs this reasonable? Good parenting? What do you think?
I think there should be a 2 hour max.


60 minutes just isn't enough time for anyone on the net,Is this reasonable? Good parenting? What do you think?
I think it is perfectly reasonable. I also think it is a wonderful idea. Congrats to you as a parent for realizing that kids do not need to be ';plugged-in'; all the time. Your kid may be mad about it now, but in a few years when he is in college, he will realize the favor you did for him.





Just remember that you may have to adjust the controls for him for homework purposes. He may have to type a paper and that could take a little longer. Then again, this will also teach him time management skills. He will have to work on his papers over a couple days instead of waiting until the last minute.





Again, kudos to you for being a responsible parent!
i think a total of 3 hours is a wee bit more reasonable!


but thats just my oppinion,


im quite strict with my children, but they are only 6 and 4.





when my children reach teenage years, in high school, (as of now) i say i would give them 3 hours, including homework use!


but as i say my children are 6 and 4, and im sure my oppinion will change allot when i reach that point.





i would never take adviceabout what is fair in raising my 4 and 6 year old children from someone who has never had 4 and 6 year old children, so dont take my oppinion to heart!





if you ask this question again asking parents of teenage children you may get a more better idea of what other parents think!





hope this helps x
i'm a mom of 3 boys 16 ,9,and about to be 5 year old.





my 16 year old lives on the pute. so i certaintly think there should be restictions to a degree before he gets into it too much. but and hour a day? i think 2 hours is way better. kids love to communicate on the pute. if he feels too restricted there will be run abouts behind your back. i think after home work, chores and out side activitys are done then he should be given more free time to do what he wants.





strict restrictions are for kids who are likely to take advantage of your willingness to give him freedom. i was one of those lol.but if he's a pretty good kid reward him by giving him the respect of more then more freedom and see what he does with it. on the week ends he should have more time. just my opinion.
Ummm ..





I do think Computers are highly over used!





i think kids should be outside more....





internet is a huge part in our lives on the other hand so wouldn't want him feeling left out... i think giving a certain amount is good... maybe on special days he could do certain things to maybe gain an extra hakf hour at times...





Thou i bet he isnt amused with it lol i never was


but in the long run im glad my parents didnt let me online till all hours!


i got to know the ''real world''
Absolutely! I only allow an hour of computer time for my daughter. Kids need to be outside, reading, playing games...anything else but sitting in front of a computer or TV screen all day.





P.S. She doesn't like it much, either. I'm assuming your son is having a hissy fit about this?
It is reasonable. I think it's fine. He's not going to get so sucked into the internet using it every hour of the days, unlike me.
your the parent of course it reasonable
I think 2 hours is reasonable.One hour goes really quickly
If you were my Parent I would be borderline self-destructive.
give him at least three hours after he's done his homework, kids now a days can't live without computers
no that is not reasonable, im a 15 year old and we love computers!
Yeah, that is perfect.
No.

No comments:

Post a Comment